Test BleachBit 0.8.2 beta
Please test the new BleachBit 0.8.2 beta which with enhancements, bug fixes, and translation updates. In particular, please test:
- Shred files found by cleaners. (Enable overwriting in the preferences.)
- Shred files (preferably with ridiculously long filenames) by clicking File - Shred Files.
- Wipe free disk space. (This may take 10-30 minutes depending on how much free disk space you have.)
- Review the new documentation "Shred files and wipe disks".
- Test Kurdish translation.
- Install BleachBit on Windows. During installation, uncheck translations. Set the Windows language something other than English. Start and exit BleachBit: there should be no error message.
- Start BleachBit on Windows XP with language set to non-English. BleachBit should start. Then, preview cleaners which use %localappdata% such as Firefox: the preview should show some files.
- Delete form history in Internet Explorer 7 and 8. Verify it is really gone.
- Delete user assist history: it is included in Windows Explorer - Most Recently Used.
To look for regressions follow the standard tests on the "Testing" page.
Remember: beta releases are more likely to contain bugs and are recommended only for testing. Use with caution.
Report any bugs to the bug tracker.
- CentOS 5
- Debian 5 (Lenny)
- Fedora 12 (Constantine)
- Fedora 13 (Goddard)
- Mandriva 2008
- Mandriva 2009.1
- Mandriva 2010
- Mandriva 2010.1
- RHEL 5
- SLE 11
- Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx)
- Ubuntu 10.10: coming with final release. For now, try 10.04.
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron)
- Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)
- Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)
- openSUSE 11.1
- openSUSE 11.2
- Source code
Translators, please update your translations.