BleachBit 0.9.5 better cleans Google Chrome, Thunderbird, and 64-bit Linux systems and improves compatibility with Winapp2.ini, which offers 1237 cleaners for Windows. We are also happy to announce a new GitHub repository for developing and sharing cleaners.
These are the changes since version 0.9.4:
- Google Chrome, Chromium: separate cleaning of passwords out of history into its own option
- Google Chrome: delete Flash cookies in Pepper Flash
- Google Chrome: delete more history
- Thunderbird: delete folder index files (.msf) thanks to BlackDex
- Clean out obsolete data (hashpath) in bleachbit.ini to reduce file size and improve privacy.
- Introduce a new GitHub repository for CleanerML development
- Move BleachBit source code repository, which is in SVN, to new address
- Specific to Linux
- Improve compatibility of memory wiping with 64-bit systems
- Improve ability to run headless
- Support newer Linux kernels in memory cleaner by using new out-of-memory score adjustment /proc/pid/oom_score_adj
- Specific to Windows
- Improve compatibility with Winapp2.ini: clean more junk and more accurately detect which options are relevant. (Add support for semicolons, DetectFile#=, Detect#=, and more sections.)
- Add command line option --update-winapp2 to update winapp2.ini. (Can be combined with --clean or --preview and --list.)
- Windows: introduce higher resolution application icon
- Windows: add transparency to application icon
- Update Chinese (Traditional) thanks to Pin-hsien Li.
- Update Croatian thanks to freedomrun.
- Update Dutch thanks to rob.
- Update English (Australia) thanks to Benjamin Donald-Wilson.
- Update Esperanto thanks to Anthony, Ivan Camilo Quintero Santacruz.
- Update French thanks to Nicolas Delvaux, Célestin Taramarcaz, nodiscc, gisele perreault.
- Update Galician thanks to Miguel Anxo Bouzada.
- Update German thanks to DNS, Daniel Winzen.
- Update Hebrew thanks to Yaron.
- Update Indonesian thanks to Abdul Munif Hanafi.
- Update Italian thanks to Carml.
- Update Malay thanks to abuyop.
- Update Polish thanks to Isamu715 and Paweł Szerszon.
- Update Spanish thanks to Adolfo Jayme Barrientos.
- Update Uyghur thanks to Gheyret T.Kenji.
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy.
In Google Chrome version 25 you may see the error No such table: keywords_backup - google-chrome/Default/Web Data (bug#1131540). This affects only a small subset of the cleaning for Google Chrome, and most of the cleaning is still be effective. It will be fixed in the next release of BleachBit.
Installation packages are ready for Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, openSUSE, and Mandriva.