BleachBit 0.9.3 includes important fixes for Google Chrome, Chromium, and Firefox plus a new application icon.
These are the changes since version 0.9.2:
- The new application icon looks better—especially on a black background
- Google Chrome and Chromium: clean some more SQLite database journals
- Google Chrome and Chromium: clean Favicons on new browser release (instead of giving an error about the database version)
- Google Chrome, Chromium: find more bookmarks to avoid affecting history and favicons related to bookmarks, and avoid the error "KeyError: 'url'"
- Be quiet about "Unsupported special file type" error message (LP#1012930)
- Specific to Linux
- Do not try to launch GUI if X is not available (LP#1004923)
- Be quiet about "[Errno 39] Directory not empty" error message (LP#1012930)
- Specific to Windows
- Support Firefox 13 (which on Windows acted like it was running even when it was closed)
In the preferences there is a tab called Custom. It does not work in BleachBit version 0.9.3. Please disregard it, and do not use it. Fixed in BleachBit 0.9.4 beta.
Google Chrome version 23 throws an error message indicating that some files were not cleaned. Fixed in BleachBit 0.9.4 beta.
- Update Brazilian Portuguese thanks to Neliton Pereira Jr., Eugênio F, Yann S. Melo.
- Update Catalan thanks to jmontane, VPablo, oriolsbd.
- Update Dutch thanks to rob.
- Update Lietuvių thanks to Algimantas Margevičius.
- Update Slovak thanks to fanox, Eduard Hummel, Roman Horník, Milan Slovák.
- Update Ukrainian thanks to Maxim Nosovets, ma, Maks Lyashuk aka Ma)(imuM.