BleachBit, the open source system cleaner, announces the public 0.9.2 beta which includes enhancements, bug fixes, and translation updates. Please help test.
Update (March 7, 2012): BleachBit 0.9.2 beta 2 released with improvements cleaning LibreOffice, Google Chrome, and Chromium.
These particular areas are a priority for testing:
- Clean Firefox crash reports.
- Clean the latest Firefox.
- Clean LibreOffice 3.4 and 3.5
- Clean a Winapp2.ini cleaner that uses %Documents%. (Search for this string in the winapp2.ini file to find a cleaner.)
- Clean ACDSee in Winapp2.ini. Verify the HKU registry key is cleaned.
- Clean Google Chrome 17 and Chromium 17 history, and verify cleaned URLs are not in the omnibox.
To look for regressions follow the standard tests on the "Testing" page.
Remember: beta releases are more likely to contain bugs and are recommended only for testing. Use with caution.
- CentOS 6
- Debian 5 (Lenny)
- Debian 6 (Squeeze)
- Fedora 15 (Lovelock)
- Fedora 16 (Verne)
- Mandriva 2009.1
- Mandriva 2010
- Mandriva 2010.1
- RHEL 6
- SLE 11
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)
- Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)
- Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal)
- Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot)
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron)
- Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)
- Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)
- openSUSE 11.4
Linux bonus pack: not changed
- Source code
Translators, please update your translations.
To be notified of new releases, subscribe through Facebook, Twitter, or RSS: see the links on the sidebar.