BleachBit 0.8.7 improves command line support, imports winapp2.ini-style files allowing immediately for 440 additional cleaners on Windows, adds an Estonian translation, and more.
This lists the changes since version 0.8.6.
- Be a fan of BleachBit on the new Facebook page.
- Add command line option --preset which selects all the cleaners previously selected in the GUI.
- When showing a warning about an option, show the name of the option which generated the warning.
- Specific to Linux
- Support Thunderbird on openSUSE 11.3 thanks to Manfred Schwarb (LP#668231)
- Fix wrong button label when adding folders for overwrite disk space and for whitelist (pointed out by jtarin)
- When cleaning localizations, show warning to point user to configuration
- Packagers: BleachBit will try to use the built-in json module on Python 2.6+ instead of simplejson, which is still required on Python 2.5.
- Specific to Windows
- Import winapp2.ini files: the CCleaner community maintains winapp2.ini files with about 440 cleaner definitions. Just download a winapp2.ini file and place it in one of the BleachBit cleaner directories: read Documentation: Winapp2.ini for more details.
- Internet Explorer: delete autocomplete passwords
- Support registry keys in the HKCR (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT) hive
- Add Estonian thanks to olavi tohver and bushido.
- Update Asturian thanks to Xuacu Saturio.
- Update Brazilian Portuguese thanks to André Gondim and Eugênio F.
- Update Chinese (Traditional) thanks to Pin-hsien Li.
- Update Danish thanks to Ask Hjorth Larsen, Joe Hansen, and Jimmy Frydkær Dürr.
- Update Dutch thanks to UndiFineD and rob.
- Update Finnish thanks to Jiri Grönroos.
- Update French thanks to Thibault Févry and Nicolas Delvaux.
- Update German thanks to cmdrhenner, Samuel Mehrbrodt, Stefan, Georg Engelmann, and Jens Maucher.
- Update Hebrew thanks to Yaron.
- Update Hungarian thanks to Balázs Kisterenyei.
- Update Indonesian thanks to Wiliams Andrian, Ramdhani Fathurrohman, Abdul Munif Hanafi, and Ivan S.M.
- Update Italian thanks to Carml.
- Update Japanese thanks to Toshiharu Kudoh.
- Update Romanian thanks to Lucian Adrian Grijincu.
- Update Russian thanks to Alexander 'FONTER' Zinin, Andrey Olykainen, and Wladimir Rossinski.
- Update Spanish thanks to Fitoschido.
- Update Turkish thanks to Burak Ilgicioglu.
- Update Ukrainian thanks to Сергій Матрунчик (SkyMan).
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy.
Installation packages are ready for Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, openSUSE, and Mandriva.