BleachBit 0.7.3 released
BleachBit 0.7.3 cleans Thunderbird and Screenlets, vacuums more of Firefox on Windows, fixes a major bug on XP Home Edition, adds a Asturian translation, and updates 12 other translations.
The following changes have been made since 0.7.2:
- Cleans Mozilla Thunderbird versions 2 and 3.
- Specific to Linux
- Clean Screenlets (thanks to MixCool).
- Specific to Windows
- Vacuums more of Firefox
- Fix process detection on Windows XP Home Edition which caused some cleaners (including Firefox) to fail.
- Hide the black "DOS box" on versions editions of Windows.
- Add Asturian translation thanks to Xuacu Saturio.
- Update Arabic thanks to MaXeR.
- Update Brazilian Portuguese thanks to PresuntoRJ and brenno1ferreira.
- Update Catalan thanks to BennyBeat and David Planella.
- Update Croatian thanks to Miro Glavić.
- Update Dutch thanks to cumulus007.
- Update Hungarian thanks to Gabor Kelemen and Gergely Szarka.
- Update Japanese thanks to Toshiharu Kudoh and Yuki Kodama.
- Update Korean thanks to sungyup nham.
- Update Norwegian Bokmal thanks to Simen Heggestøyl.
- Update Thai thanks to shane.fox.
- Update Turkish thanks to Ufuk Yıldırım and zeugma.
- Update Ukrainian thanks to Сергій Матрунчик (SkyMan).
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy.
Removing a path (drive) in the preferences dialog may cause a crash. This is fixed in BleachBit 0.7.4 beta.
On Windows you may see Access Denied errors on certain types of files. This is fixed in BleachBit 0.7.4 beta.
Wiping memory and swap is currently experimental. It should always wipe 100% of the swap, but it may not wipe 100% of the physical memory. Before using this option, close all other running applications because they may be automatically killed by Linux.
Download BleachBit now. Installation packages are ready for 20 platforms including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Windows.