BleachBit 0.6.4 released
BleachBit 0.6.4 adds a command line interface, displays a more detailed summary, fixes bugs, adds a Malay translation, and updates 17 other translations.
The following changes are included since 0.6.3:
- Add command line interface. Often requested as a new feature, the command line interface lets you invoke BleachBit from scripts, cron, batch files, or the Windows Task Scheduler. For example, BleachBit can automatically vacuum Firefox each night or each time you login.
- At the end of the log, show how many files were deleted, how many special operations were performed, and how many errors occurred, if any. Before only the size was shown.
- When you close BleachBit while it is wiping free disk space, BleachBit will now quickly stop wiping free disk space.
- When manually shredding files (by clicking File - Shred Files), BleachBit now ignores the related preference regarding overwriting files.
- Make BleachBit easier to port to other POSIX systems such as NetBSD. (BleachBit is already available in NetBSD.)
- Fix two spelling typos.
- Fix small bugs.
- Improve unit tests.
- Specific to Linux
- Honour GNOME appearance settings for toolbars (text below icon, icon only, etc).
- Fix Yum error checking for non-English languages.
- Specific to Windows
- Shrink the installer by 6% by using a unique translation compression technique on the GTK+ localizations. If you notice any untranslated strings, please report them.
- Clean Opera 10.0 final.
- Delete one more Windows system log file.
- Offer an English-only download which is 11% smaller than downloading all the translations.
- Make the software update notification more obvious.
- Add Malay translation thanks to Ibrahim Elias.
- Update Arabic thanks to Nizar Kerkeni .
- Update Brazilian Portuguese thanks to André Gondim.
- Update Croatian thanks to Miro Glavić.
- Update Czech thanks to Roman Horník .
- Update Dutch thanks to Rob.
- Update French thanks to Steve Dodier.
- Update German thanks to MixCool.
- Update Hebrew thanks to Yaron.
- Update Indonesian thanks to Ramdhani Fathurrohman.
- Update Italian thanks to Luca Falavigna.
- Update Polish thanks to Dariusz Jakoniuk.
- Update Portuguese thanks to nglnx.
- Update Russian thanks to Ilia Lilov aka lilovip.
- Update Simplified Chinese thanks to rainofchaos.
- Update Slovak thanks to Roman Horník.
- Update Spanish thanks to Adrián García, Francisco Javier Pérez Davó, Andres E. Rodriguez Lazo, and Gonzalo Testa.
- Update Thai thanks to shane.fox.
- Update Ukrainian thanks to SkyManPHP.
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy.
BleachBit 0.6.4 in Malay on Windows Vista:
Web site changes
The online documentation manual has been significantly expanded and reorganized into chapters.
The blog moved from Google's Blogger to SourceForge, so all the end-user web sites are now in one place.
September 22: BleachBit 0.6.4 (and some previous versions) treat Microsoft Windows registry named values as registry keys (in other words, too broadly). This bug affects cleaning MRUs for Microsoft Office, TeamViewer, and Windows Media Player. This bug is fixed for BleachBit version 0.6.5 (not yet released).
September 23: When BleachBit 0.6.4 encounters an error deleting a file, it may not delete some of the next files (bug#435246). BleachBit 0.6.3 and 0.6.5 should work better.
Both these issues should be resolved for the next version: please test BleachBit 0.6.5 beta.
Download BleachBit now. Installation packages are ready for 20 platforms including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Windows.